You have been dating this guy for a few months and feel like he may be the one. You are contemplating taking things to the next level, but you want to make sure he is a good guy. And not just going to bolt once he gets what he wants. How can you determine if he is a man of character? Here are some questions to ask that can help you find out if he is a man of character….or not!
- What kind of jobs have you had? Finding out whether or not he has a solid work history will let you know whether or not he is stable. Men who have flocked from one job to another, without laying down roots will probably do the same thing in a relationship.
- What’s your relationship like with your family? There is an old saying that states the way a man treats his mother is a good indicator of how he will treat his spouse. If the relationship is sour don’t kick him to the curb right away…but you may want to get more information. If he respects his mom, and has a solid family you know he may be a keeper!
- What kind of TV shows do you like? Why? Chances are if he watches garbage, then garbage will come out.
- What’s the biggest goal you’re working on now? A man with goals is going somewhere. Just make sure the goals are not too big to include some of YOUR goals if things work out.
- If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would do with the money? What a man does with his money (even if it is hypothetical) says a LOT about his character.
- Have you ever cheated on a partner? Be prepared for the answer, and listen to him if he says yes. He could’ve lied, so give him credit for being honest.
- What’s more important, work or family? Again, be prepared for the answer. A man who is only focused on work may not be what you are looking for long term.
- What would you do if someone said something bad about me? You want a man who will defend you. Even when you may be wrong, because he loves you and cares about you. That is a man of character.
- What do you think is more important, being honest at work? Or doing what it takes to keep your job? If he was put in a rough predicament at work what would he choose? Honesty? What is right? Or whatever it took to stay employed?
- What would you like to be doing five to ten years from now? A man of character has plans, goals and aspirations. Hopefully, you are part of those plans!
- Have you ever stole? Be prepared for this answer, and if it is yes, does he show remorse for his actions?
- What do you think about kids? How a man treats children says a lot about his character, and will give you an idea of how he may treat his future children.
- What are your thoughts on cheating? Not just on a partner, but on a test, or something else that is important. If a man doesn’t think twice about cheating on something like that, he probably won’t think twice about cheating on you…
Finding out if the person you are dating is a man of character is important if you think you may have a future with him. Hopefully these questions can give you some insight!