We all want to express to those dearest to us how we feel. But, sometimes we can’t put into words exactly what we mean. When that’s the case here are 20 love quotes we can use to get our feelings across.
- Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses. – Anne Lander
” The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor even touched, but just felt in the heart. ” – Anne Sullivan
- For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow. – Rosemone Gerard
“Love is not a matter of counting the years . . . But making the years count.” – Michelle Amand
- We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. – Sam Keen, from To Love and Be Loved
“Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control.” – Unknown
- Today I caught myself smiling for no reason… then I realized I was thinking about you – Unknown
“Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it” – Swedish Proverb
- The best portion of a good man’s life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love. – William Woodsworth Ann Landers
“Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. – Aristotle
“Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.” – Eric Fromm
- No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it. – Defiance by C.J. Redwine
“It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a responsibility toward that love” – Every Day by David Levithan
- I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second. – Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” ― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. ― Lao Tzu
“Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” ― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember
- The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” ― Marilyn Monroe
- You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper.